Tuesday, April 10th.
- Raf Simons named couturier at Dior (WWD). A menswear designer first and a student of subcultures, Simons succeeds John Galliano. It was bound to be a controversial move on the forum, as Simons often styles his suits with the bottom button fastened.
- Facebook buys Instagram (NYT). According to Mark Zuckerberg, “The Hefe filter really brings out the colors in bathroom mirror WAYWT shots.”
- The New Yorker’s Photo booth blog talks with Shoichi Aoki, chronicler of street style since the 1980s. Aoki does not take shots at teenage fashion bloggers.
- Permanent Style reviews Sette neckwear. We recently endorsed Sette in our D.C. shopping guide.
- GQ breaks down the evolving 60s costumes of Mad Men. The 70s are looming like dark clouds on the horizon.
- Steed Tailors has announced their May U.S. itinerary. (Steed’s View and voxsartoria)
- Styleforum streetwear and denim classified of the day: NIB Grenson Fred boots size 10UK, $290.
- Styleforum men’s clothing classified of the day: Howard Yount linen glen plaid jacket, 36, $450.
- Yoox item of the day: Canali gray wool two-button suit, EUR52, $448.